Automate a Workflow within Messages Extensions
You may trigger Intelligent Actions within Messages. When editing or adding extensions, you are able to set up Actions that are associated with that Extension.
When a caller selects an extension, you can create a new contact if one doesn't already exist with the same phone number, assign a Flag or run an Workflow.
1. When adding or editing an extension in Messages, select the Trigger Intelligent Actions box.
2. To create a new contact if one does not exist, select the option and add the First and Last Name that you would like to use to identify these contacts.
When added to the system, the name will contain a number at the end of the last name. These contacts will be numbered to prevent duplicate contacts.
This is the first Contact added after calling my Baking Class extension.
3. To add a Flag to the caller's contact record, select the option and select the Flag you want to add from the drop down.
4. To run a Workflow for a contact, select the option and use the drop down to select which Workflow you want to trigger.
5. Click Save to keep your changes.